Home is where your heart is

"Home is where your heart is" was written on a rug someone had at Camp Logos (VIA university campus). I thought that was accurate and I have never stopped thinking about it. Whenever I'm feeling cozy and heartwarmed I'm believing there is my home, sometimes my home is a person.

     My trip back home from Annecy wasn't that amazing, haha... I have almost missed my flight because of the shuttle I had to take in the morning. Suprisingly I haven't felt stressed or worried of missing my plane. I thought to myself "What a wonderfull place to starve and die".
Apparently I have also told everyone that I will arrive on 18th, but I did on 17th. It was a pleasant and stressful surprise, stressful only to my mama, since she's always ready with tons of food for me.
     So, it has been more than a week that I have arrived back home to Chisinau, Moldova. Here my heart is because of my big family and friends. It felt nice seeing them after 6 months, it always becomes a challenge to get used to my parents seeing me like their baby, but I like being a baby for 2 more months.
     Coming back home for me reads as a big challenge. First of all because I have to start using Romanian and Russian again, without mixing it with English words; secondly I  have to get used to people who are less open minded (and I'm talking about the society, not my friends); thirdly is the weather change, since in Chisinau you hardly recall what rain is and how it feels not being sweaty in the night. ;( I'm missing danish weather...YES! I DOO!
Other than that it feels great... cakes are cheap. But also is great meeting new people, this is my summer plan. One of my goals is to give a small or big workshop about animation to all the lovely people who are interested in this craft, here, in Moldova. I believe this goal is going to realize since I'm in contact with beautifull people who are interested in shared experience. I hope soon to write about the workshop.

Meet my mama, tata and one of my best friends Ina :)



I have found myself changing my look a bit, since is more affordable to do this in Moldova. There is more nice stuff to come. So I encourage you to come to my hometown if you need a change or a realization. I'll host you and cook for you some Mamaliga and get you drunk with some nice Moldavian wine or something stronger ;)

With love,
a purple frog

Comments

Popular Posts