Four legs

     Quadrupeds weeks are over! It was interesting and challenging. First of all we didn't have rigs that would behave nicely but we had skills to handle them. Our teacher Benjamin Kousholt is a graduate from The Animation Workshop. He enjoys creature animation and also he said that cleaning and animating motion capture was something he liked. It was very nice receiving feedback from him during this course it really improved my perception about animation.
     This was my first time animating a quadruped character, except of some 2d shots. This course helped me to practice weight shift and more body mechanics which I think will apply for bipeds as well. I tried to take Benjamin's advise and not worry about where I have my keys. It is very easy to get lost though if you don't keep track of it. I think it is nice to have freedom of choice, sometimes there is fear that everything will mess up, but graph editor is a pretty neat place because it actually shows where the problem lays :)
I am also happy that we were allowed to use Cody rig, this nice little puppy. You can find him HERE. This rig has some downfalls, his skinning is not very well done, but other than that I really liked working with him.
     I had lived a funny story during this assignment. First of all my idea was only to make Cody yawn and after something falls down near him, to wake him up. So, my main keys where> Dog sleepy> yawns>pineapple falls near him>dog jumps scared>settle. The idea was pretty simple around 150 frames. Than our teacher comes and gives me some good idea of making the dog have an interaction with the pineapple which makes my scene slightly longer. So now I added the dog sniffing the pineapple. The next day Benjamin comes and says how about the idea that he was sleepy in the beginning, is he steal sleepy in the end, he asks. I thought about it and I tried to make him fall asleep by drooping only his head, because I thought that's funny that his butty is in the air. But guess what, Benjamin comes and tells me to drop that butt down. Which was a good thing finally but at this point I had 13 sec of animation. I can't complain anyway because I really liked doing this :)
Thank you to everybody who appreciated my work, it really means a lot to me.







canDIES

http://www.dailywav.com/search/node/candy - sound from movies/cartoons, maybe something to use in animation

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiyGLXnnRLbHQjICxph3Bw - A channel with videos about kids dealing with mature life but the kids are the voice over for the adults. I thought it's funny and can also serve as inspiration in case you need some voice over of a kid.

http://jkriki.com/ Blogs from animators are always a treasure

Comments

Popular Posts